Sunday, April 02, 2006

Moving Northwest




We left Bonita Springs this morning -- the weather yesterday was just too beautiful to leave. Our travel day was good but heavy traffic on northbound I-75. Then we turned west onto I-10 toward the panhandle.

The landscape had been changing subtly but it was most evident after we turned onto I-10. The palms have been replaced by tall pines, Live Oaks and other deciduous trees. The grass is more lush and there are many shrubs in bloom.

We are staying near Tallahassee tonight. These photos are of tall shrubs just outside our campsite. I don't know what they are but they are beautiful. There is no fragrance. There are two different shrubs. The flowers are different but the foliage is similar -- waxy, dark green.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Looks like a camilla to me. We have one next to our front porch.