Wednesday, August 10, 2005

We are having a great trip

I have not been able to get a good internet connection again until this afternoon.

We are having so much fun. This is a beautiful time to visit the Atlantic Provinces.

We spent about 4 days in New Brunswick. This is our second day in Nova Scotia.

The tour has included so many side trips. I will have to get myself better organized on the computer before I try a posting again.

Last night we did a graveyard tour in Annapolis Royal. The first settlement was 1605. Appropriately, the fog rolled in across the bay as we were being lead through the graveyard with candle lanterns.

Today we toured the Annapolis Habitation which is a reconstruction of the original settlement. We also saw the graveyard in daylight.

Then we had lunch at the Historic Gardens. I took lots of pictures -- ideas for our yard work next year!!

Look both backward and forward for any new postings. Off to Digby, NS to eat scallops. Even Walt is enjoying the seafood.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun and gooood eats! We are off to S.C. tomorrow. Be careful up there and watch out for the moose. Ha! B&J

Anonymous said...

Sounds awesome. Enjoy the best eating ever. They say that fresh seafood is the best. And you couldn't find a better place to get the fresh seafood.... We are thinking of you both. Walt try every thing once. You'll never have a better better time to try and enjoy...
Love
Charlie & Nellie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your grandson. I know it must be hard not to see him right away, but think how sweet he will be when you arrive home.

We are enjoying your journal. Keep it coming!

We finally had rain so maybe we'll green-up again!

Anonymous said...

Back from our vacation and now we can continue with your vacation. Walt,stay out of those graveyards! You know your not that much older than me.(He He). Thanks for the birthday card. Wish all could have read it. It started my day right. Held Caden last Sunday. I think he is going to be 7ft. tall with those long legs. He is going to have runners legs, look out sports world. Reuben and Linda

Anonymous said...

I really like this idea of keeping track of you two.
I think everyone around this part of the country is doing A-OK.
Our 'grandchildren' started school this week. Matthew & Jenna started today, Morgan and Trevor started on Monday and Tarin started on Tuesday. You'll have a few years to go before Caden is ready for school but, let me warn you it will happen before you know it!
Jerry and I are busy getting ready to do a marriage seminar in St. Joe this weekend.
Enjoy your trip! Love, Kathy