We are camping at Cabela's RV Park in Sidney Nebraska tonight.
We left home in hot weather and it got hotter as we drove west. We drove west on I-70 to Hays and took 183 north to I-80. The rolling Kansas prairies are pretty but very dry. So many crops in western Kansas are burned up by the heat & drought. Once on I-80 in Nebraska, we drove in rain for several hours. It is 69 in Sidney this evening.
On US 183 we saw lots of hot rods, classic cars & motorcycles. It was because of a Hot Wheels Festival in Speed, Kansas.
Later we saw more and more bikes & trikes (both ridden & trailered). We figure they are heading to Sturgis for the rally which starts tomorrow.
We just entered Mountain Time so we'll be turning in early tonight.
We logged 540 miles. Tomorrow we will spend some time at Cabela's then drive on to Cheyenne WY. A much shorter day.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment