Monday, August 14, 2006

Old Faithful




Today we drove down to see Old Faithful. We noted all the many scenic drives & pull-outs on the way. We were there about an hour before the predicted eruption so we walked through the lodge and shops. The eruption came about the time predicted but only lasted a few minutes. Somewhat of a disappointment -- we have waited over 50 years to see this!!



We drove back up the road and took all the scenic drives and pull-outs that we had seen on the way in. Lots of beautiful colors and stinky, sulfuric smells!

I really liked the Spasm Gyser. It erupted in fits and spurts all the time we stood there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures... they take your breath away. I can only imagine what it's like in person! Am so glad that you are including the pics in your blog.

About the same as usual here. School starts Monday for Alex so we're getting ready for the adjustment period that will come with afternoon classes and no naps!

Travel Safe & Have Fun!
Shel & "the boys"

Anonymous said...

I had not logged on since you started your trip so I caught up on the travelog! Have fun!

va