
We are at the central Oregon coast. Yachats (pronounced Ya hots) is a small town along the rocky coast. There are lots of tide pools in this area. Our campground is south of Yachats between US 101 and the ocean.
The views along US 101 vary between close to the sandy beach, to dense rainforest, to overlooks several hundred feet above the rocky coast.
The last photo here is a movie of the beach at our campground. I hope it works out that you can click on the photo and the movie will start to play. It is very windy today as you will hear in the movie. This is taken at low tide.
Shadow & I walked the beach. She loved being off her leash, running in t
he sand and stepping into the edge of the waves -- it was too cold for me to walk in the waves!The fine sand is blowing so much that footprints disappear quickly.
1 comment:
I've always wondered how that was pronounced. The pictures are beautiful and it sounds like Shadow had the perfect dog day.
Post a Comment