After leaving Hope we decided that we would drive to Whittier. When we got to the toll tunnel, we were told that it would be $35 (and we were just in the truck). Walt said that was too expensive to spend an hour in Whittier.
After turning around, we stopped at the Portage Glacier Interpretive Center in the Chugach National Forest. We got there just in time for the movie about the Sound of Glaciers. It was a good movie and afterward a talk about the Recipe for Making Glaciers by a ranger.
The glacier in the photo is Burns Glacier - it is a hanging glacier so it does not calve iceburgs. The iceburgs in the photos are from Portage Glacier.

1 comment:
Wow...$35 for tunnel? I don't think there was any toll when we were there. Whitter is where we took the 21 glacier boat trip. One of our favorite things up there. Be sure and do one of those if you get the chance. I check your blog every day....oh I want to be there again!!!!! B & J
Post a Comment