Thursday, June 19, 2008

On to Watson Lake


Another beautiful day and a pretty drive.

We added more wildlife spottings to our list. Today we saw Black Bear, Bison, Stone Sheep and a baby Moose.

The scenery was breathtaking from the Tetsa River, Summit Lake, Liard River and Muncho Lake.

I had read that Muncho Lake was the most beautiful lake in the world -- well, it's the most beautiful that we have seen. It was clear and smooth as a mirror. It had a wonderful blue and green coloring and the road followed the shoreline for about 8 miles. It was hard to choose which photo. Click on the photo to get the whole effect of the still water. Just as I finished taking photos, it started to rain sparse, large drops - the resulting circles across the lake were fantastic.

Walt is standing by a stream that we wished we could camp by. However it was just a pull-out in the road where we stopped to stretch our legs. While there, a van that we had seen many places today stopped to visit. The couple was from Ontario. So many nice people along the way.

We are camped at Watson Lake, Yukon Territory tonight. Internet in the laundry again.

We will drive about 310 miles tomorrow and have reservations at Whitehorse, Yukon Territory. We don't usually make reservations but are in the midst of several caravans and want to spend four nights at Whitehorse.


Check in with us tomorrow.

Oh, the weather is much warmer. Once we moved away from the Rockies we are warm & sunny! Don't know exactly how much of the day is light but it was still light after midnight and was again light when I woke at 3am. I don't know what it was like in between because I did sleep then.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop looking at your pics. What a wonderful trip. I'm so happy you both are taking this trip. Keep writing and taking pictures. I love it. Sis Judy